Thursday, May 1, 2008

MELODY - Day 3

Here is my daughter's friend Melody, about half done. She was standing in the sunshine with her red hair shining like fire. I couldn't resist taking a picture. For this one, I think I'll try painting her in color after I finish the pencil study. Maybe pastels, maybe watercolors, or maybe both. I missed my target of posting something new every seven days, but only because of the hair and the shirt. I'll finish this by Saturday night if all goes well, and then the color begins! I'm really loving this...
If you (yes, you) have a person you want me to use as a subject, get your request in now while I'm still practicing!

1 comment:

Deb said...

That's an excellent likeness, Pete and I recognized her right away (we met her New Year's Eve). Melody in colour with that fabulous hair would really be a treat!