Thursday, July 17, 2008

MISTER AND LITTLE SNORT - Source Image

On to a new project.
First, my apologies to Paul - the trip to Oliver was truly a flying trip. Well, let me rephrase that. The travelling was very slow, and the visit was very short. But Jean was happy with Jerome and he's now on the wall by her bed.
These are my brother's dogs, Mister Stinky and Little Snort. The big one's name is formally just Mister, but if any dog ever deserved to be called Mister Stinky, it is this one. While travelling, he creates a strange, deceptive odor that can only be dealt with by rolling down all four windows and hanging your head out of one. I use the word "deceptive" because it doesn't smell like regular doggie farts, or any farts at all for that matter. It's a kind of swamp gas that rises up around him every few minutes. If it had a color, it would be greenish grey. I didn't even realize they were farts at first. I just thought he was a stinky dog. Of course I'm exaggerating (not about the smell, but about the frequency). It's not really every few minutes. And I'm sure he only farts in the car, because he is a PALS dog, and has been trained not to fart when he's on a PALS visit.
I must tell you that pugs are so sweet you want to hug them even if they stink. I believe they are called pugs because they look like baby pigs (except from the front. From the front they look like wrinkled up kleenex). Anyway, I adore them and I want one. Just a pug and a golden retriever and then I'll be happy. Really I will.

To Kathy: no, I'm artistbeingbusy. But I'll get started now and post something later tonight. I think.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! You are as talented at written humor as your are drawing! You had me literally laughing out loud at your description of the car trip with Mister Stinky. Too funny!
No worries on the visit Maggie, I totally understand time constraints on short trips.